West Creek Baptist Church
The details surrounding the early years of the West Creek Baptist Church are obscure, except for the fact that the church was organized in 1790 by the Nathan Norris family. At that time the building for the purpose of worship was erected near Cloud’s Creek and the church was first known as Cloud’s Creek Baptist Church.
In 1883 the church was moved to the location now known as “Crouch’s Dairy”. At that time the name of the body was changed from Cloud’s Creek Baptist Church to West Creek Baptist Church. In 1886 West Creek and a number of other churches separated from the Edgefield Association to form the Ridge Baptist Association.
The first Vacation Bible School was held in 1941 and the first Choir Director came on board in 1944. New Sunday School rooms were added and the sanctuary was enlarged in 1952. The parsonage was built in 1954 and the church led the Ridge Baptist Association in attendance for Baptist Training Union that year.
In 1971 the basement/fellowship hall was added and the beautiful stained glass windows were added in 1979. The Family Life Center was built in 1998 and the sanctuary was remodeled in 2005. In closing, West Creek Baptist Church has served the Lord faithfully for more than 220 years and will continue to be a beacon of hope for the glory of God for many years to come.